The SAFE Act – the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (SAFE Act) is the federal law that was enacted due to the real estate and mortgage crash of 2007-2008. For a lot of committed and expert loan officers who’ve made the mortgage business their careers it’s a long time coming to finally have some national mortgage licensing and tracking system. There will now be a standard for expertise that elevates loan officers to a status similar those other professionals who are needed for real estate transactions which do require licensing and professional credentials like: real estate agents, lawyers, title agencies, insurance agents, and home appraisers.
The purpose of the SAFE Act is to:
- Provide improved accountability and tracking of loan originators
- Enhance consumer protections and support anti-fraud measures
- Provide consumers with free information regarding a loan originator’s work history and public disciplinary and enforcement actions
- Establish a means by which residential home loan officers would be required to act in the best interests of the consumer
- Facilitate the collection and disbursement of consumer complaints
- Provide uniform license applications and reporting requirements for state licensed-loan originators
Due to this Act, all residential loan officers must be federally registered. Smart Financial Credit Union has complied with the Safe Act and has registered our Mortgage Services Team.
Smart Financial Credit Union
NMLS ID: 456807
Mortgage Service Team:
NMLS ID: 291882
NMLS ID: 291888
NMLS ID: 1148254
NMLS ID: 697536
Mortgage Closing Coordinator
NMLS ID: 1897777
NMLS ID: 923735
NMLS ID: 40453
Members may access www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org for more information about our Mortgage Service Team.