Checking accounts you can manage from anywhere, anytime.
Financial needs grow as we grow. Spending starts in our teens, becomes reality in young adulthood, gets complicated in parenthood, and even more so in retirement! Wherever you are in life, we have a Smart Checking account for you with tools that help you save time and spend smarter!
Teaches your teen to bank without fees while you monitor spending.Open at Branch
The perfect learning account for young adults and college students.Open at Branch
Checking that rewards debit card users and members ages 65 and over.Open Now
Interest bearing account that rewards higher balances.3
Applicable to all Smart Financial Checking products: If you're a new member and using a checking account to establish Smart Financial membership, you will pay a one-time $5 entrance fee in addition to the minimum opening deposit required by the account.
1. Smart Choice Checking is subject to a $10 monthly service fee. Requirements to waive the fee include one of the following: 1) have a monthly recurring direct deposit of $500 or more, 2) complete at least 20 Point Of Sale (POS) debit card transactions per month (ATM transactions do not apply), OR 3) primary account holder is 65 years of age or older. If direct deposit stops AND POS transactions stop meeting these requirements within a 30 day statement period, the $10 monthly will apply and will continue to be charged to your account until ONE of the THREE qualifications has been re-established. Terms and conditions may change at any time without prior notice. The monthly service charge will be waived for the first 3-months of account opening to allow for the initiation of the direct deposit.
2. Smart Premier Checking is subject to a $15 monthly service fee. Requirements to waive the fee include one of the following: 1) the primary account owner must maintain an average of $15,000 combined loan and account balances per month, OR 2) have a monthly recurring direct deposit of $3,000 or more. If direct deposit stops AND the average monthly combined balances drop below threshold, the $15 monthly fee will apply and will continue to be charged to the account until ONE of the TWO qualifications has been re-established. Terms and conditions may change at any time without prior notice. The monthly service charge will be waived for the first 3-months of account opening.
3. Smart Premier dividend rate is tiered and based on average balance during a 30-day period. Rates are subject to change and posted at www.smartcu.org.
4. Discretionary Overdraft Protection (DOP) and Line of Credit (LOC) privileges must be qualified and approved.
5. Qualifying Premier accounts will be reimbursed up to $10 per month, or $120 per calendar year, for accrued ATM surcharges (3rd party fees). In addition, no Smart Financial ATM fees will accrue on Smart Premier accounts.
6. Mobile Deposit is available through our Mobile App. There are restrictions and qualifications in order to be eligible for this service. Your account must be open at least 60 days and maintain a positive balance. All checks deposited through the mobile app are not made available immediately. Other restrictions apply. Visit smartcu.org/mobile to learn more.